LRBA Website Policy
Leicestershire and Rutland Bridleways Association Website Policy Summary. The Leicestershire and Rutland Bridleways Association (LRBA) website www.bridlewayslrba.org.uk exists to publicise the activities of, and information about, LRBA for the benefit of its members and other riders. Entry forms for rides, membership forms and other items of LRBA business can be found on the website.
1) Provide information to help riders improve all aspects of riding in the countryside, usually known as 'hacking out'.
2) Inform non-members about LRBA activities to encourage them to join; to welcome and inform those from neighbouring areas; and to encourage best practice
3) Make information about relevant non-LRBA activities available
As our website is run by a voluntary committee, for whose skills and time we are very grateful, it is operated in a way that ensures that the workload is kept within limits, so:
• We do not currently accept personal or small adverts or other paid advertising on our website, but we do in our Newsletter. Please contact our newsletter editor for this service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We include as much LRBA content as possible within the bounds of clarity, confidentiality and timeliness. We include non-LRBA content if it is relevant to members and related in some way to equestrian activities involving bridleways, byways and other off road riding in or near Leicestershire and Rutland.
4) We include if volunteer time allows:
• equine rides or other events arranged by other organisations, especially those with a similar ethos to LRBA (such as BHS, neighbouring Bridleways Associations, Endurance GB ), as long as they do not clash, actually or closely, in date or location with similar LRBA events, are within about 30 miles of our counties' boundaries and are run to a good standard.
• charitable events designed to raise funds for activities that support or underpin LRBA activities such as the BHS Access Fighting Fund, local Air Ambulance Funds, the Injured Riders Fund, etc. Charitable events not related in some degree to the aims of the LRBA will not be publicised.
5) The website may include links to websites relating to the above.
Photographs taken at some recent LRBA rides and events can be found on our website or Facebook page. Anyone submitting photos of themselves, their family or their friends doing something that will be of interest, are deemed to have given permission for the photo and any names to be published, and that permission from parents/guardians of under 18s has been obtained by the person who submits the photos. E-safety / Child Protection. Photographs of young people under 18 are shown only within the provisions of the Help and Advice from the Child Protection in Sport Uni. Please click here for more information.
LRBA will make every reasonable effort to ensure that photographs of under 18's do not appear on the website without the express permission of parent / guardian.
You should find all the information you need in the various sections of this website; but if you feel something is missing and there is more you feel we need to include, then please get in touch with us at email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you, do come and visit us again soon and we hope to see you at one of our events.