Aims of Leicestershire & Rutland Bridleways Association
1. To preserve and improve and where possible extend the Counties' bridleways and byways.
2. To work towards the establishment and publicising of a network of bridleways, byways, tracks and quiet roads, including permissive routes, that will enable horses to be ridden (and driven wherever possible) away from traffic.
3. To hold social, educational and fund-raising events, including Rides, for members and others.
4. To endeavour to ensure that the needs of the horse and rider are considered in any planning approvals for new roads, housing or other developments, country parks or recreational provision.
5. To encourage and educate riders in the responsible use of the network so that the Counties' rights of way, recreational and permissive routes, and the land they pass over are respected, and also to promote good road safety practice.
6. To work or consult with the British Horse Society, the County, Unitary, District and Parish Councils in the Counties as well as farming, conservation, access and leisure organisations and any other national, regional or local bodies, to achieve the Association's aims.
7. To negotiate with landowners and others for the creation or extension of permissive bridleways for use by the public generally or exclusively by Association members.
You should find all the information you need in the various sections of this website; but if you feel something is missing and there is more you feel we need to include, then please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you, do come and visit us again soon and we hope to see you at one of our events.